5111 Lambton Tower,
401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, ON N9B 3P4, Canada
Phone: (519) 253-3000 ext 3786
Fax: (519) 973-7093
Email: jlu at uwindsor dot ca
Jianguo Lu is Professor of Computer Science at the University of Windsor.
His research interests are in the areas of the hidden (deep) web, online social networks, text and graph mining algorithms. He obtained his Doctoral degree in Computer Science from Nanjing University. He held visiting positions at Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Toronto, and the University of Tokyo.
He is a Weiqi (Go) ( the Go in Google AlphaGo ) five Duan player on the Web.
My current projects
- Mining scholarly data, supported by Meta.com and Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative ( media report )
- Mining online social networks and hidden web data sources by sampling, NSERC Discovery grant.
Some useful links
Courses I taught
- Roohollah Etemadi, Jianguo Lu and Yung H. Tsin, Efficient Estimation of Triangles in Very Large Graphs, CIKM 2016.
[Bibfile] [ Data]
- Yan Wang, Jianguo Lu, Jessica Chen, Yaxin Li, Crawling ranked deep web data sources, Journal of WWW, 2016, Springer. Springer OnlineFirst . Bibfile
- Tong Zhou, Yi Zhang, Jianguo Lu, Classifying Computer Science Papers, BigScholar Workshop in IJCAI 2016. Data Bibfile.
- Yi Zhang, Jianguo Lu, Near-Duplicated Documents in CiteSeerX, BigScholar Workshop in IJCAI 2016.
- Yi Zhang, Jianguo Lu, Discover Millions of Fake Followers on Weibo,
Journal of Social Network Analysis and Mining, 6(16), 1-15. Springer, December 2016. Bibfile.
- Wentao Han, Xiaowei Zhu, Ziyan Zhu, Wenguang Chen, Weimin Zheng, Jianguo Lu, Weibo, and a Tale of Two Worlds, The 2015 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, ASONAM 2015.
- Jianguo Lu, Hao Wang, Variance Reduction In Large Graph Sampling , Information Processing & Management, Elsevier, 50(3):476-491. 2014.
- Yan Wang, Jie Liang, Jianguo Lu, Discover Hidden Web Properties By Random Walk on Bipartite Graph [PDF], Information Retrieval, Springer. Electronic preprint . 17(3):203-228. 2014.
- Jianguo Lu, Dingding Li, Bias Correction in Small Sample from Big Data [PDF],
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering,
Nov. 2013 (vol. 25 no. 11). pp. 2658-2663.
- Yan Wang, Jianguo Lu, Jie Liang, Jessica Chen, Jiming Liu: Selecting queries from sample to crawl deep web data sources [PDF]. Web Intelligence and Agent Systems. IOS. 10(1): 75-88 (2012)
- Jianguo Lu,
Ranking Bias in Deep Web Size Estimation Using Capture Recapture Method , Data and Knowledge Engineering, Elsevier. 69(8): 866-879 (2010).
- Jianguo Lu, Dingding Li, Estimating Deep Web Data Source Size by Capture-Recapture Method, Information Retrieval. Springer. Vol 13(1) 2010. p. 70-95. [PDF].
- Jianguo Lu: Efficient estimation of the size of text deep web data source. CIKM 2008: 1485-1486
- Yan Wang, Jianguo Lu, Challenges in Crawling the Deep Web , Chapter 4 in BigData--Storage, Sharing, and Security, CRC Press. pp. 97-120. 2016. Bibfile