5111 Lambton Tower,
401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, ON N9B 3P4, Canada
Phone: (519) 253-3000 ext 3786
Fax: (519) 973-7093
Email: jlu at uwindsor dot ca
Jianguo Lu is Professor of Computer Science at the University of Windsor.
His research interests are in the areas of the hidden (deep) web, online social networks, web data analytics, web data mining and integration.
My current sponsored projects are:
- Mining online social networks and hidden web data sources by sampling, NSERC Discovery grant, 2014-2019.
- The network study in cross-border domain, FedDev
Prospective students: I am seeking motivated and talented students at post doctoral, doctoral, and master's levels, working in the area of mining scholarly data such as academic papers. It involves text and network analyses on large scale. You will have opportunities to run machine learning algorithms on large distributed computers using Spark. Research schorlarship is available for strong applicants.
Courses I taught
- Roohollah Etemadi, Jianguo Lu and Yung H. Tsin, Efficient Estimation of Triangles in Very Large Graphs, CIKM 2016.
- Yan Wang, Jianguo Lu, Jessica Chen, Yaxin Li, Crawling ranked deep web data sources, Journal of WWW, 2016, Springer, Accepted.
- Yi Zhang, Jianguo Lu, Discover Millions of Fake Followers on Weibo,
Journal of Social Network Analysis and Mining, 6(16), 1-15. Springer, December 2016.
- Wentao Han, Xiaowei Zhu, Ziyan Zhu, Wenguang Chen, Weimin Zheng, Jianguo Lu, Weibo, and a Tale of Two Worlds, The 2015 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, ASONAM 2015.
- Jianguo Lu, Hao Wang, Variance Reduction In Large Graph Sampling , Information Processing & Management, Elsevier, 50(3):476-491. 2014.
- Yan Wang, Jie Liang, Jianguo Lu, Discover Hidden Web Properties By Random Walk on Bipartite Graph [PDF], Information Retrieval, Springer. Electronic preprint . 17(3):203-228. 2014.
- Jianguo Lu, Dingding Li, Bias Correction in Small Sample from Big Data [PDF],
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering,
Nov. 2013 (vol. 25 no. 11). pp. 2658-2663.
- Yan Wang, Jianguo Lu, Jie Liang, Jessica Chen, Jiming Liu: Selecting queries from sample to crawl deep web data sources [PDF]. Web Intelligence and Agent Systems. IOS. 10(1): 75-88 (2012)
- Jianguo Lu,
Ranking Bias in Deep Web Size Estimation Using Capture Recapture Method , Data and Knowledge Engineering, Elsevier. 69(8): 866-879 (2010).
- Jianguo Lu, Dingding Li, Estimating Deep Web Data Source Size by Capture-Recapture Method, Information Retrieval. Springer. Vol 13(1) 2010. p. 70-95. [PDF].
- Jianguo Lu: Efficient estimation of the size of text deep web data source. CIKM 2008: 1485-1486